Jup it’s that time of year again. We are all stressing about our summerbodies but at the same time we love to stuff our faces with … well everything. Now, I have found a solution for my sweet tooth and I am about to share it with you.
- 250gr Peanutbutter
- 100gr Honey
- Rice Krispies
- 1 tablespoon chiaseed
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Dark chocolate
Tip: You can add anything you like as long as the mixture sticks together. The more dry ingredients, the more “wet products” you need. For example dried fruits or more nuts would work great in this recipe.
- First heat up your peanutbutter and honey in the microwave so they get a little more liquid. I just check every few seconds, I am guessing 20 sec on high heat will be sufficient.
- Chop your nuts into fine, bite size pieces
- Mix everything together in a large bowl with a spatula or spoon until you can press it together without falling apart. I don’t have the exact measurements for the oatmeal and rice krispies, I just added it to feel. You can play with everything here!
- line a square tray with some parchment paper, it makes it easier to lift the mixture out of the tray and prevents breaking.
- Put it into the freezer for an hour or in the fridge for 3 – 4 hours, until solid and ready to cut into “even” squares. As you can see I didn’t really succeed in that, I like to blame on my enthusiasm to tast it.
- Heat up your chocolate in the microwave, but make sure it doesn’t get to hot!
Tip: When it does get to hot add some “cold” solid chocolate to bring the temperature down.Now you either dip the bottom of your bars into the chocolate, drizzle it on top like me or you can do both ofcourse. Be creative!
- I individually wrapped them in parchment paper which makes them super fun treats to hand out or look good in your lunchbox. Keep them in your fridge so they stay nice and firm.
BEWARE: Peanutbutter is not low in calories either so don’t eat them all at once, which can be tempting because they taste AMAZING!
Thanks for reading and enjoy,